We value the service
veterans have provided for
the benefit of all Canadians.
Medical Cannabis for Canadian Veterans
We’re proud to support Canadian veterans. As a veteran, you may be eligible for financial support for your medical cannabis through Veteran Affairs Canada (VAC). Through VAC, reimbursement of up to 3 grams of dried cannabis per day (or its equivalent in other cannabis formats), unless otherwise authorized, is available on a range of products at a rate of $8.50 per gram.
The MyMedi.ca team is committed to supporting you beyond your VAC coverage. The MyMedi.ca team will absorb the cost difference above the maximum VAC reimbursement rate of $8.50 per gram on VAC products (including oils, softgels, oral sprays, topicals, edibles, concentrates, vape pens and cartridges.)
Ready to get started?
Follow these five simple steps.
Register online in under 10 minutes.
Note: If you are transferring your medical document from another licensed producer, please register online and simply contact your licensed producer to request a transfer.
Any patient in Canada with a valid medical document can register and transfer to MyMedi.ca. Contact our MyMedi.ca team at 1-844-500-2040 for any support along the wayRegister Now
Submit a copy of your Blue Cross Card and Summary of Assessment (SOA) or Decision Letter
To establish your Veterans coverage, please ensure your K# is indicated on your Registration Document. The medical document must include the diagnosis or symptom indicated on your SOA being treated for VAC to provide coverage. Please email, fax, or mail a copy of your supporting documents.
When applying to VAC for coverage of medical cannabis, it can take up to a month for the Veteran Affairs approval process to be completed. During the waiting period, MyMedi.ca will provide medical cannabis under Good Faith Coverage (GFC) for the first 30 days (up to a maximum of 90 grams) at no additional cost. Our goal is to ensure your coverage is seamless and completely supported through the entire process.
Once your coverage has been established you are now ready to order. You can log into your patient account or contact our MyMedi.ca team to help place your order.
Veterans can place an order every 30 days from the first order date. Ensure the VAC policy check box is checked off to ensure the order is placed at no cost to you.
Once your order has been placed you will receive a confirmation receipt and tracking information via email to confirm your order details.Shop Now
Our Clinic Partners
We collaborate with several specilalty medical cannabis clinics with a focus on veteran patients. If you are a veteran seeking assistance with obtaining a new medical document, we have several partners who are ready to help.
Direct Billing to Veterans Affairs
- For seamless billing, veterans (or caregivers) should ensure the Blue Cross Insurance K # is on their Registration Document. If you have any questions please contact the MyMedi.ca team so we can support you.
- Your medical document must include the diagnosis or symptom being treated in order for VAC to provide coverage, and it must match the diagnosis on the VAC Summary of Assessment (SOA).
- Please provide a copy of your Blue Cross Card and Summary of Assessment (SOA). To access your SOA please login to your ‘MY VAC Account’ https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/e_services or contact Veteran Affairs Canada (VAC) at 1-866-522-2122.
- Please note that Veteran Affairs Canada usually provides a response regarding coverage within 3 to 4 weeks, unless there are issues with your file which may lead to potential delays. Once we receive the response from VAC, a Cannabis Care Advisor will contact you and share VAC’s decision.
- If you have a medical authorization that exceeds 3 grams per day, you will need to apply to VAC for exceptional status.
Good Faith Coverage
- If you are interested in placing an order before you receive your VAC approval, you may be eligible for Good Faith Coverage (GFC). To be eligible for GFC:
- Please ensure you have submitted a copy of your Blue Cross Card and Summary of Assessment (SOA) as stated above.
- Please confirm that you have not placed an order with another License Holder under a VAC policy within the last 30 days.
- Once we receive this information, a Cannabis Care Advisor will reach out to help you with the next steps for establishing GFC.
- Please note: In the instance that your VAC application is denied, you will be responsible for paying any costs of orders placed under the GFC Program that are not covered by VAC.
Convenient Access & Quality Cannabis
- Veteran patients can order their total allotment of medical cannabis every 30 days, starting from their first order date. If you’re having issues with placing your order please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-844-500-2040 or email@example.com.
- As a veteran patient, you are eligible for up to $300 of VAC coverage towards the purchase of a vaporizer every 3 years. We can help with vaporizer selection and the reimbursement process.
MyMedi.ca Cannabis Care Team
- If you would like to speak to one of our expert, cannabis trained pharmacists or if you require any assistance with the application process please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-844-500-2040 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to apply for coverage on orders you placed prior to receiving approval from VAC, you can submit your receipts for reimbursement to the following address:
National Reimbursement Centre
PO Box 6700
Frequently Asked Questions
What level of support does MyMedi.ca to Patients?
- The MyMedi.ca Patient Support Program has highly experienced and trained representatives that will help ensure you are onboarded to the medical portal successfully. Each representative can help you with registration, product ordering, product complaints, shipping issues and provide you with guidance on how to get your medical document from a qualified healthcare provider.
- The team supports both French and English inquiries.
- Specialized representatives are available to deal with inquires related to veterans affairs, compassionate pricing programs and support insurance re-imbursement.
- A team of pharmacists is available to provide clinical consults and provide you with assistance on product selection.
- The MyMedi.ca Patient Support Team can be reached through a variety of methods
What are the call center hours of operations for MyMedi.ca?
The call center hours of operations are Monday-to Friday from 9am EDT to 7pm EDT.
How can I reach the MyMedi.ca Patient Support Team?
- During our hours of operations, you can speak to a Patient Support representative by calling our toll-free phone number at 1-844-500-2040.
- If you are not able to stay on the line, you can request a call back from the team.
- Patients are also able to reach the MyMedi.ca Patient Support team at email@example.com or try the chat option available on the website.
Does MyMedi.ca provide a discount on shipping?
Yes, any orders above $99.99 will be free of charge.